We aim for total and complete satisfaction, so we want to provide you with the following pre-care
Following these guidelines will ensure that you have prepared your scalp as best as possible in order to receive optimal results.
Wash your scalp with a non-abrasive, gentle shampoo the week prior to your procedure.
- If experiencing breakouts on your scalp we are not a medical establishment so we are not allowed to suggest what to use for any problems or disorders. Instead “see a dermatologist or appropriate medical doctor to resolve this issue PRIOR to your procedure.
- After washing the scalp, moisturize the skin with some form of skin moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated. Doing so will allow the ink to properly penetrate the skin.
- Refrain from sun tanning to avoid burning and peeling of the skin.
- Focus on relaxing and get a good nights rest before your procedure.
- Eat a hearty meal before your procedure.
- If you are extremely sensitive to pain, seek medical advice PRIOR to procedure as topical anesthetics are available.
- You may bring a clean hat or scarf to LOOSELY cover your head after your treatment, if you so desire, but not recommended.
- Hair Piece – Please DO NOT wear a hair piece at least 5-7 days PRIOR to your scheduled procedure. As wearing a hair piece may limit oxygen flow to the scalp and the ink may not be fully absorbed into the skin.
- Hair Length – Please contact your artist PRIOR to the scheduled procedure date to discuss proper hair length on the day of your procedure.
- Hair Preparation – Please do not use a razor on your scalp within 24 hours of the scheduled procedure. It is critical that we see all native hair in order to properly blend the follicles.
A HEALTHY SCALP WILL BE HELPFUL IN ACHIEVING THE BEST RESULTS POSSIBLE.
If you have any health concerns please inquire PRIOR to the procedure.
We look forward to helping you through your procedure.
For 7-10 days following Scalp Micropigmentation Tx
- DO NOT touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
- Apply Aquaphor ointment or Vaseline 3-5 times daily until the procedure area has healed. Always use a clean cotton swab or with CLEAN fingers.
- NO make-up, sun exposure, soap, sauna, jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in the recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, gardening for 7-10 days, (until area is completely healed) post procedure and after all touch-ups.
- Before bathing, gently apply a light coating of Vaseline on the procedure area using a clean cotton swab. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed.
- DO NOT rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue).
- Use a “TOTAL sun block” after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment colour.
- DO NOT use products that contain AHA’s on the procedure area. (example: glycolic, lactic acids. Always check your product labelling) As it will fade your pigment colour.
- If you are a blood donor, you may NOT give blood for 1 year following your Permanent Make-up application (per Red Cross).
- Touch-up visits should be scheduled between 30-45 days post procedure. All permanent make-up procedures are a two-step process. Results are not determined until touch-up application is completed.
- If you are experiencing any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure, stop using the product and call your technician IMMEDIATELY. You may be allergic to the after care product you are using.
- If you have excessive redness, swelling or tenderness or any red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, elevated temperature, or drainage from the procedure site, contact your physician as the area may be infected and you may need to seek medical care.